Headlines Discussed at LNWM’s Monday Morning Briefing:
- The Federal Reserve delinked future increases in short-term interest rates from U.S. unemployment levels; the suggestion is that rate hikes are likely to start next year.
- The Russian and Crimean parliaments signed a treaty of accession making Crimea part of Russia.
- The U.S. and European Union will increase sanctions on Russian leaders in response to Crimea’s annexation.
- Virtually all the major U.S. banks (29 out of 30) passed the Federal Reserve’s annual “stress test.”
- General Motors announced three more car recalls; will take a $300 million charge.
Disclaimer: Clicking on any of the above links will take you away from the Laird Norton Wealth Management web page and to the source page. While we believe the information in these articles is relevant, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.