Today, Laird Norton Wealth Management was once again named one of the top 300 Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) in the United States, according to the Financial Times’ 2015 “FT 300” RIA rankings.
The “FT 300” 2015 RIA rankings are based on high scores on the following six factors:
- Assets under management (AUM) – “signals experience managing money and client trust.”
- AUM growth rate – “growing assets is a proxy for performance, as well as asset retention and ability to generate business.”
- Firm’s years in existence – “indicates reliability and experience in managing assets”
- Compliance record – “provides evidence of past client disputes.”
- Industry certifications (CFA, CFP, etc.) – “show technology and industry knowledge and a commitment to investment skills.”
- Online accessibility – “illustrates commitment to providing investors with easy access and transparent contact information.”
The Financial Times invited some 2,000 RIAs across the U.S. to apply for consideration (those with at least $300 million in assets under management). Of the firms responding, 300 made the final ranking, which is not a competitive ranking from 1 to 300.