Headlines Discussed at LNWM’s Monday Morning Briefing:
- Weakness in the U.S. labor market makes it unlikely the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates before 2016, indicated Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen.
- Agreement was reached on steps to de-escalate the Ukrainian crisis, at a meeting in Geneva, Switzerland that included Russia and Ukraine.
- China’s economy grew at a slower 7.4% rate in first-quarter 2014, the slowest pace since third-quarter 2012.
- The yield on Italian government bonds fell to their lowest level ever–roughly 3.1%.
- The SEC issued cyber-security guidelines for financial-services firms to detect and prevent threats.
Disclaimer: Clicking on any of the above links will take you away from the Laird Norton Wealth Management web page and to the source page. While we believe the information in these articles is relevant, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.