Headlines Discussed at LNWM’s Monday Morning Briefing
- Global equity markets rebounded from beginning-of-the-year losses. The MSCI All-Country World Index gained more than $3 trillion in value to finish down just 0.3% so far in 2014 (through Feb. 21).
- Interim Ukraine president pledges to improve ties with EU.
- Foreign direct investment in China increased 16% in January 2014 (year-over-year).
- Peripheral EU corporate-bond issuance surged 22% in 2013, as banks maintained low lending levels.
- Energy Future Holdings is preparing to file for bankruptcy; the 10th largest U.S. in history.
Disclaimer: Clicking on any of the above links will take you away from the Laird Norton Wealth Management web page and to the source page. While we believe the information in these articles is relevant, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.