The Monday Mix: Headlines of Note
Week of December 16 – 22, 2013
- U.S. Federal Reserve announced beginning of the “taper.”
- Bank of Japan voted unanimously to maintain quantitative easing.
- 3rd Quarter U.S. GDP growth was revised upward again, to 4.1%.
- The price of gold fell below $1,200/oz., lowest level since 2010.
- China money-market rates rose to 8.2%; Chinese equities fell.
Disclaimer: Clicking on any of the above links will take you away from the Laird Norton Wealth Management web page and to the source page. While we believe the information in these articles is relevant, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.