Headlines discussed at LNWM’s Monday Morning Briefing. Week of Dec. 30, 2013 – Jan. 5, 2014:
- S&P 500 Stock Index had its best year since 1997; up 32.4% in 2013.
- Gold futures were down 28% in 2013; largest annual drop in 30 years.
- U.S. population grew only 0.7% in 2013, slowest pace since Great Depression.
- Italy’s Fiat will buy rest of Chrysler shares, which U.S. government sold at a loss in 2011.
- China’s industrial output grew 9.7% in 2013, per the Chinese government.
Disclaimer: Clicking on any of the above links will take you away from the Laird Norton Wealth Management web page and to the source page. While we believe the information in these articles is relevant, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.