Effective April 2022
At Laird Norton Wealth Management, the relationship we have with our clients is our most
important asset. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information.
collect from you, how we use and protect that information, and the limited circumstances under
of our companies operating under the business name Laird Norton Wealth Management: Laird
Norton Trust Company, LLC and its wholly owned subsidiary, Laird Norton Wealth
Types of Personal Information We Collect
During the ordinary course of our business, we collect and maintain information about you so that we can effectively provide our wealth advisory services to you. This includes::
- Information we receive from you to open an account or provide various wealth management services to you (such as your home address, social security number, telephone number, email address and other demographic and financial information).
- Information that we generate in the management of your account (such as transactional information and performance reports).
- Information we receive from third parties with respect to your account (such as custodial statements, trade confirmations from brokerage firms and information provided to us by your legal, accounting or other professional advisors).
- Information collected electronically through our website and third-party partners in order to optimize our communication with you (such as when, how and if you access our emails, attachments and links, content you view when visiting our websites, frequency and
duration of online activities, devices you use and publicly available general information).
In addition to cookies, certain additional data may be automatically collected from your device or web browser, including:
IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, social media pixels, web beacons and tags.
Third parties may also collect information via our website through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and may connect it to personally identifiable information. The processing of this data is subject to the privacy policies of these third-party vendors.
Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. If you refuse a cookie when on the Laird Norton Wealth Management website, or if you delete cookies, you may lose functionality. Some internet browsers also have “Do Not Track” features, but due to a lack of a universal protocol for websites to interpret and respond to DNT Signals, we cannot guarantee that all first-party or third-data collection can be prevented using this method. In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will also provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
Laird Norton Wealth Management engages in so-called online behavioral advertising on third-party sites (also sometimes called “retargeting” or “tracking”), through which information collected about the pages you visit on our site is used to display ads for Laird Norton Wealth Management products or services on third-party websites. There are general resources for opting out of interest-based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
Strict Security Measures
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws to protect your personal information.
Sharing of Personal Information Within Our Two Legal Entities
We have established procedures to control employee access to your personal information and we educate our employees about the importance of maintaining strict confidentiality and client privacy.
We do not distinguish between our two companies in the storage of your information. Consequently, all client information is available to both companies for internal reporting purposes. Personal account related information may also be shared with Laird Norton Wealth Management board members when deemed relevant to their organizational governance function.
Personal Information Shared Only in Limited Ways
We do not share any personal information about our clients or former clients with anyone outside our two companies without the client’s prior direction or approval, except as described below. We also require that those with whom we share such information keep that information strictly confidential, except where disclosure is permitted or required by law. Those instances where any of the categories of personal information that we collect may be shared on a limited basis, either with an affiliated company, or with nonaffiliated third parties include:
- Disclosures to companies that perform services on our behalf to assist us in providing our services to you (such as our printers, our technology consultants who assist us in maintaining our accounting and computer systems, and technology service providers that provide specialized services including collecting information from emails and visits to our website).
- Disclosures to companies necessary for us to manage and administer your account (such as providing account information to brokers and custodians).
- Disclosures that we have determined to be permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other required legal process.
Certain states require that we automatically treat accounts with billing addresses in those states as if you do not want to disclose personal information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by the applicable state law. In every case disclosures are limited to the data
determined to be necessary under the particular circumstances. We have not and will not sell any personal information about our clients or former clients.