The Monday Mix: July 15 – 21, 2019
Headlines discussed at LNWM’s Monday morning briefing:
— Iran captured a British tanker, and seized and released another one, escalating tensions with the West; oil prices moved higher.
— US industrial output fell during the 1st half of 2019, and manufacturing activity here and abroad is also on the decline.
— Futures markets are indicating a 76% chance Fed will lower interest rates by 25 points end of July; 24% chance for 50-point cut.
— Some $13 trillion in foreign government debt now has negative yields, boosting the appeal of gold, whose price is near 6-year highs.
— President Trump threatened more tariffs against China and 2nd quarter earnings at US banks disappointed; stocks fell from record highs.
Disclaimer: Clicking on any of the above links will take you away from the Laird Norton Wealth Management web page and to the source page. While we believe the information in these articles is relevant, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.